MAHARASHTRA STATE SELECTION TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS
FOR NATIONAL/STATE TOURNAMENT PARTICIPATION THIS IS COMPULSORY
Dear all players and parents,
Please note as decided in EC meeting held on 26th November 2017 at Pune, it is compulsory to participate in State Selection Tournament for the age category U-7, U-9, U-11, U-13,U-15, U-17, U-19, U-25, Open, Women, if you wish to participate in the National as Ordinary/Special entry for the respective category. This rule is applied to all the National Tournaments for this year.
Entry form for State Selections:
Please note that for participating in any State Selection Tournament all Seeded/Selected/Special players should confirm their entries through respective Districts. It is mandatory to fill AMCA entry form for State selection and send to Organizer with a copy of birth certificate and as per AICF rule the birth certificate should be registered within one year from the birth of child.
Please note that players should be registered player of Maharashtra (AMCA). Last moment phone calls, emails, direct entries for confirmation of entries will be not entertained by Organizer/ AMCA.
The State selection tournaments conducted to select official participation in National Championship of Maharashtra players. Since this is an official event and convenience of all players who wish to take part in this official selection tournaments the tournament disciplines rules and regulations are formed as below.
II) Entry fee: Annexure A
|S N||Tier||Player Type||Entry Fee|
|1||I||District Selected Player||800 /-|
|2||II||District selection Participated Players but not selected||1500/-
|3||III||District selection non participated Players||2000/-|
|S N||Tier||Player Type||Entry Fee|
|1||I||District Selected Team||3200 /-|
|2||II||District selection Participated Team||6000/-
|3||III||District selection non participated Team||8000/-|
III) Minimum Prize Fund for State Selection: Annexure B-
|Sr.No.||State Championships||Prize Money|
|1||State U – 7 Boys & Girls||30,000|
|2||State U – 9 Boys & Girls||30,000|
|3||State U – 11 Boys & Girls||30,000|
|4||State U – 13 Boys & Girls||30,000|
|5||State U – 15 Boys & Girls||30,000|
|6||State U – 17 Boys & Girls||30,000|
|7||State U – 19 Boys & Girls||40,000|
|8||State U – 25 Youth||40,000|
|9||State Open Selection||50,000|
|11||State School Boys & Girls||50,000|
|12||State Team Men||25,000|
|13||State Team Women||25,000|
|14||Maharashtra State Rapid||25,000|
|15||Maharashtra State Blitz||25,000|
|17||State Level Open||50,000|
*** For the State School Championship instead of cash prize the entry fee of the selected players would be paid by the organizer.
IV) AMCA & AICF Registration:
1. AMCA Registration –
All participants should be registered players of “ALL MARATHI CHESS ASSOCIATION, MAHARASHTRA STATE” before enrolment for the tournament. Online registration facility must be made available by the Organizer / District Association. Chief Arbiters are instructed to ensure that the player is registered with “ALL MARATHI CHESS ASSOCIATION, MAHARASHTRA STATE” before enrolment in the State Selection Tournament. The link to register with “ALL MARATHI CHESS ASSOCIATION, MAHARASHTRA STATE” is as follows: https://mahachess.com/manageplayers/addplayer.php
- AICF Registration –
In case of rating event, Organizer / District association should see that every participant is registered with “ALL INDIA CHESS FEDERATION” before enrollment in the Tournament. Online registration facility must be made available by the Organizer / District Association. Chief Arbiters are instructed to ensure that the player is registered with “ALL INDIA CHESS FEDERATION” before enrolment in the State Selection Rating Tournament. The link to register with “ALL INDIA CHESS FEDERATION” is as follows: http://aicf.in/online-player-registration/
V) Tournament Rule
- Selected Players:
Entry of selected player would be paid by concerned District Association. Every District has to organize District selection tournament. Only players participated in district selection should be send as selected players.
The Entry fee as per Annexure A tier (I) would be applicable only if district selection tournament is conducted by district association. If district selection tournament is not conducted by any district association all player from that district would be consider as per Annexure A tier (III).
- Seeded Players:
2.1Entry fee of seeded player as per the Annexure A tier (I)
2.2 Current Year Selected Players –
Top two players from U-7 to U-13 in State Selection and Top 4 players from U-15 onwards (except U-17 & in this category only top 2 players) in State Selection can play directly in National Tournaments as Special entry without participating in corresponding State Selection Tournament for the current year or those who are already eligible as a seeded for upcoming National/Asian/World Tournaments.
1) U-9 second position holder can participate in U-15 and above Nationals as Special entry directly.
2) U-15 third position holder can participate in U-17 and above Nationals as Special entry directly.
- Special Entry:
All special entries must be endorsed /forwarded by concerned District Association. Entry fee of special entry participant should be deposited by participant along with endorsement of concerned District Chess Association. Such entries are eligible to pay entry fee as per Annexure- A (II) & (III)
Except those Participants who fulfill following criteria are exempted to play in state Selection Championship to participate in National Championship.
4.1. Title Holders –
Any Title holders like GM/IM/FM/CM and Government award holders like Arjuna, Shiv Chatrapati etc. can directly participate in Nationals U-9 onwards tournaments as special entry. It is not necessary for them to participate in corresponding State selection tournaments.
4.2 2. Rating Criteria:
Players fulfilling rating criteria will be exempted to play Nationals /State U-9 onwards as a Special entry directly. As per Annexure-D
5. Number of Selected players as per Annexure -C
6. Age Proof: For age group tournament each participant must produce a valid certificate to prove his/her age. The date of birth certificate registered within one year of the birth of the child along will be recognized and allowed to participate.
- 7. All district also should send their selected & seeded players list at least 2 weeks ago before starting of state selection tournament.
VI) Accommodation :
1. District selection players (Tier I) would be given free accommodation.
2. Seeded players would be given free accommodation as per clause ( Tier I) players
3. Parents of above two categories would have to pay extra charges for accommodation.
4. Dormitory Accommodation is must be provided by organizer to all players on chargeable basis. The Charges for dormitory accommodation for cities are as follows
Class A cities: Rs. 350/- per day maximum
Class B cities Rs. 250/- Per day maximum
Class C cities Rs. 150/- per day maximum. Description of cities is as per Annexure-F
- Hot water arrangement for bath at dormitory and free accommodation for selected players is must.
6.Drinking water facility (Preferably 20 liters jar of packaged drinking water with use and throw glasses) should be provided at least at two points, players residence and venue.
7. To ensure security of player’s proper staff of Security agency should be deputed at residence & venue.
8. Name of Doctor along with contact no. and email address should be displayed at residence & venue for convenience of players. This is an emergency arrangement provided by organizers for emergency relief.
VII) Tournament allotment & Status (Rating / Non Rating)
- State selection tournament would be allotted to the official District Chess Association. as a non rated event This District in turn can allot this tournament to the Taluka / Institution / Mandal /Club / Academy etc.
This allocation is subject to
a) The institution must be registered with charity commissioner under public trust act.
b) The district should check capacity of organizer to conduct this official event on behalf of “All Marathi chess Association”. In case of any discrepancies the District would be held responsible.
c). This tournament is allotted to official District Association as an unrated event. But the District can opt for an option to convert this event into an rating event. If the District/ Organizer desire to conduct this event as a FIDE Rating event, the District / Organizer should pay AICF fee as applicable for State selection. If the Organizer / District Association is willing to make it as rated event then they should write to AMCA three months prior to start of the event. All related formalities would be completed by the organizer as per FIDE/AICF/AMCA rules.
d) For a rating event tournament reorganization fee applicable as per Annexure E
- All districts are directed to conduct selection tournament in each category. This is mandatory for all districts. The district which do not conduct selection tournament will send all entries as per tier III category. Only those district which conduct selection tournaments are eligible to send Tier I/ Tier II entries for State Selection Tournament. Results and photographs of district selection tournaments must be sent to AMCA for uploading on website before 2 week of starting state tournament
- Tournament hall and accommodation must be in better ambient.
- Accommodation facilities with clean washrooms and hot water for bath must be provided to players availing free accommodation (for selected players). Dormitory must be provided at affordable cost for all other players.
- Tea/ coffee / snacks stalls must be made available during entire period of tournament at reasonable cost. Mineral water terminals should be provided at least at two points in the tournament hall free of cost.
- Lunch and dinner facility must be available nearby venue at reasonable cost.
- Entries should be closed 12 hours before start of first round.
- Name of “All Marathi Chess Association, Maharashtra State” must be displayed in bold letters in tournament hall and must be mentioned on all circulars.
- All Marathi Chess Association registration is must for all players. In case of rating event AICF registration is must.
10.Tournament must be in classical format.
VIII) Team Manager of District Association:
- 1)No parent would be nominated as Team Manager.
- 2)Manager if any provided by District would be given free accommodation by organizer only upon receipt of such nomination by concerned District.
- 3)Manager of District Association is supposed to look after following aspects:
- A)Comfortable stay arrangement of players.
- B)Food / Water / Tea / Breakfast at proper time.
- C)Any medical aid required, the manager should ask for it to the Organizer who should arrange for the same.
- D)The Manager has to attend all rounds at the tournament venue.
- E)The Manager should not leave tournament in between and should see that all players are participating in all rounds as per time schedule.
- F)In case of any dispute the Manager should discuss with Chief Arbiter and Organizer.
- G)The Organizer should see that Players are comfortable with time schedule as fixed by the Organizer and chief Arbiter in players meeting.
- H)The Manager should see that the venue and toilets are clean. If the Manager finds any irregularity he/she should immediately write a mail to Organizer with a copy to the District Secretary who is holding State Selection Tournament (Host) and copy to All Marathi Chess Association.
IX) Facilities to Be Provided To Selected Players by AMCA:
- Entry fee of seeded players would be provided by AMCA to participate in National Chess Championship.
- T-shirt would be provided free of cost to selected players and seeded players for National Chess Championship. All other player’s can get the “T-shirt’s” from AMCA office making charges paid.
X) AMCA Financial obligation:
- 25% amount of total entry fee collected should be remitted to AMCA account immediately before prize distribution of the tournament.
- Each tournament would be charged Rs. 5000 towards EMD immediately after allotment of tournament.
- Organizers shall pay Rs. 5000/- towards travel and boarding etc. plus entry fee for National Championship to the selected players at the time of prize distribution. An undertaking as peer Annexure G from the players should be mandatory confirming their participation in the national tournament. They are bound to refund the amount to AMCA before 15 day’s start of National tournament, In case of failure or unable to participate in the Nationals for any reason. AMCA will hand over this amount to the next eligible player to enable him/her to participate in the tournament.
Mr. Sanjay Kedge
Hon. Gen. Secretary
All Marathi Chess Association,
- Entry Fee: Individual & Team Event
Sr. No. State Championship Type Of Entry Entry Fees AMCA Share Host share 1 Under 7 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 2 Under 9 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 3 Under 11 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 4 Under 13 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 5 Under 15 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 6 Under 17 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 7 Under 19 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 8 Under 25 Open & Girls Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 9 State Women Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 10 State Open Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 11 State Rapid Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 12 State Blitz Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 14 State team Open & Women Selected 3200 800 2400 Seeded 3200 800 2400 Special Tier II 6000 1500 4500 Special Tier III 8000 2000 6000 15 State Schools ( Team) Selected 3200 800 2400 Seeded 3200 800 2400 Special Tier II 6000 1500 4500 Special Tier III 8000 2000 6000 16 State School (Individual) Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500 17 State Amateur Selected 800 200 600 Seeded 800 200 600 Special Tier II 1500 375 1125 Special Tier III 2000 500 1500
- Minimum Prize Fund for State Selection:
Sr. No. State Championship Rank Open Girls 1 Under 7 Open & Girls First 5000 5000 Second 4000 4000 Third 3000 3000 Forth 2000 2000 Fifth 1000 1000 Total 15000 15000 2 Under 9 Open & Girls First 5000 5000 Second 4000 4000 Third 3000 3000 Forth 2000 2000 Fifth 1000 1000 Total 15000 15000 3 Under 11 Open & Girls First 5000 5000 Second 4000 4000 Third 3000 3000 Forth 2000 2000 Fifth 1000 1000 Total 15000 15000 4 Under 13 Open & Girls First 5000 5000 Second 4000 4000 Third 3000 3000 Forth 2000 2000 Fifth 1000 1000 Total 15000 15000 5 Under 15 Open & Girls First 5000 5000 Second 4000 4000 Third 3000 3000 Forth 2000 2000 Fifth 1000 1000 Total 15000 15000 6 Under 17 Open & Girls First 5000 5000 Second 4000 4000 Third 3000 3000 Forth 2000 2000 Fifth 1000 1000 Total 15000 15000 7 Under 19 Open & Girls First 6000 6000 Second 5000 5000 Third 4000 4000 Forth 3000 3000 Fifth 2000 2000 Total 20000 20000 8 Under 25 Open First 10000 Second 7000 Third 5000 Forth 3000 Fifth 3000 Sixth 3000 Seventh 2500 Eighth 2500 Ninth 2000 Tenth 2000 Total 40000 9 State Senior Selection First 12000 12000 Second 10000 10000 Third 7000 7000 Forth 5000 5000 Fifth 4000 4000 Sixth 3000 3000 Seventh 2500 2500 Eighth 2500 2500 Ninth 2000 2000 Tenth 2000 2000 Total 50000 50000 10 State Amateur First 10000 Second 7000 Third 5000 Forth 3000 Fifth 3000 Sixth 3000 Seventh 2500 Eighth 2500 Ninth 2000 Tenth 2000 Total 40000 11 State rapid & Blitz First 6000 6000 Second 5000 5000 Third 4000 4000 Forth 3000 3000 Fifth 3000 3000 Sixth 2000 2000 Seventh 2000 2000 Total 25000 25000 District Team Academy Team 12 State Team First 12000 12000 Second 8000 8000 Third 5000 5000 Total 25000 25000 13 State Cities First 12000 Second 8000 Third 5000 Total 25000 14 State School Championship First Gold Medal Gold Medal U-6, U-8,U-10, U-12, U-14, U-16 Second Silver Medal Silver Medal Third Bronze Medal Bronze Medal
- C.1 – Selected players from Districts and Divisions-C.1.1 – Selected playersEvery district Association is allowed following number of entries as official entries for state selection tournaments. Districts can send selected players only from players participated in District Selection Chess Championship.For age-group U-15, U-19, Amateur, Women and Open event 4 entries per district .
For all other state selection tournaments 2 entries from each category per district.C.1.2 – Seeded Players –
Top 4 players from every state selection tournament will be seed for the same group and 1 higher group for e.g. top 4 players from u-7 for 2017 will be seeded for 2018 U-7 and 2018 U-9 state tournament.
- Rating Criteria: Players fulfilling following criteria will be exempted to play Nationals U-9 onwards as a Special entry directly.
BOYS GIRLS Sr. No. Event Rating And Above Event Rating And Above 1 U-9 1300 U-9 1200 2 U-11 1400 U-11 1300 3 U-13 1500 U-13 1400 4 U-15 1600 U-15 1500 5 U-17 1800 U-17 1600 6 U-19 2000 U-19 1800 7 U-25 2200 U-25 2000 8 Open 2300 Women 2100 9 Amateur 1900 Amateur 1800 10 Rapid/Blitz 2100 Rapid/Blitz 2000
The rating will be considered from the current rating list and one month prior to the tournament.
For example: If National Tournament is in the month of October then Rating list is considered of the month September and October.
- All State Championships age groups (Under 7,9,11,13,15,17,19 & 25) – Rs.15,000/- This FIDE fee is only for 150 players and over & above 150 players organizer should pay Rs.100/- per entry for each participant (with effect from 01.04.2017) Promotion of State Championship through All India Chess Federation website is not mandatory.
S.No. State Championships Prize Money Tmt EMD (NR) 1 State U – 7 Boys & Girls 30,000 10,000 2 State U – 9 Boys & Girls 30,000 10,000 3 State U – 11 Boys & Girls 30,000 10,000 4 State U – 13 Boys & Girls 30,000 10,000 5 State U – 15 Boys & Girls 30,000 10,000 6 State U – 17 Boys & Girls 30,000 10,000 7 State U – 19 Boys & Girls 40,000 10,000 8 State U – 25 Youth 40,000 5,000 9 State cities 25,000 5,000 10 State School Boys & Girls – 10,000 11 State Team Men 25,000 5,000 12 State Team Women 25,000 5,000 13 Maharashtra State Rapid 25,000 5,000 14 Maharashtra State Bl1itz 25,000 5,000 15 State Championship 50,000 5,000 16 State Amateur 50,000 5,000
- Dormitory Accommodation is must be provided by organizer to all players on chargeable basis. The Charges for dormitory accommodation for cities are as follows1.Class A cities : Rs. 350/- per day maximum
- Class B cities : Rs. 250/- per day maximum
- Class C cities : Rs. 150/- per day maximum
Description of cities
Class A – Mumbai, Pune, Thane, Nagpur,
Class B – Kolhapur, Ahmednagar, Dhule, Jalgaon, Sangali, Solapur, Akola, Latur, Amravati, Chandrapur, Nanded, Palghar, Aurangabad,Nashik,
Class C – Rest Of Class A & Class B
- All Marathi Chess Association (AMCA)
(Affiliated to All India Chess Federation)
Reimbursement Undertaking Form (To be filled by Players/Team)
All Marathi Chess Association
I/We______________________________________________ AMCA ID ______________, FIDE ID ___________________ am/are selected player / team from Maharashtra ___________________ State Selection Championship held at __________________ between _____________ to _____________
I/We hereby confirm my/our entry for playing National _____________________________________________ to be held at _____________________ from ______________ to ____________
If, I/We, am/are unable to participate in the said event, I/We shall inform All Marathi Chess Association before 15 days before start of the tournament in writing and shall return all cash and other benefits (T-Shirt, Travelling Allowance etc.) to All Marathi Chess Association immediately.
Contact No. ;
(Note : Strike out which is not applicable. In Case of Team, please write any one name and ID Numbers)